Who we are
ASL AQFlow Inc.’s Acoustic Scintillation Flow Meter (ASFM) is globally recognized as a solution to the hydroelectric industry’s toughest turbine flow measurement challenge – accurate and repeatable measurements in intakes of low-head power plants with no penstocks. The features of the method that make it a cost-effective solution for low-head plants apply equally to many higher-head plants as well.
The ASFM is a real-time, non-intrusive instrument that excels at performing:
- flow measurement for turbine efficiency optimization
- flow measurement before and after rehabilitation and
- continuous monitoring of flow conditions.
In order to meet our client's needs, AQFlow has developed two variations of the instrument, both installed in the intakes:
- ASFM Advantage - a portable, frame-mounted instrument for short-term measurements without intake dewatering
- ASFM Monitor - a permanently mounted instrument for reliable and repeatable long-term flow monitoring.
||Acoustic Scintillation Flow Meter at work video (wmv)
Schematic of ASFM in action
ASL AQFlow Inc.,
#1-6703 Rajpur Place, Victoria BC,
Canada V8M 1Z5
Telephone # 1-250-656-0177
Call Toll Free (North America): 1-877-656-0177